Two European Tours, One Sad American
Two epic concerts officially kicked off this weekend…that of the electro queen Miss Kylie Minogue, and that of the Girls Aloud. Since I didn’t go to either one, I’m posting some pictures and footage from either tour to give off the illusion that I did while crying at the keyboard.
I’ve also added the story beneath the “read more,” so as not to break the hearts of spoiler-free seeking concert goers.
First off was the sensational Aloud’s Tangled Up Tour on May 3rd in Belfast.
And here’s footage of the concert’s opening!
Looks rather exciting, though I think they would do better lingering in the air for a shorter amount of time. It must get a bit awkward just hanging there trying to keep your balance with your fans just watching open-mouthed below for about a minute or so.
Check out the set list!
* Video Intro / Costumes: Black, blue and white PVC outfits
01. Sexy! No No No…
02. Girl Overboard
03. Sound of the Underground
04. Close to Love
* Costume change: Black cabaret outfits
05. Can’t Speak French
06. Love Machine
07. Black Jacks
* Costume change: Multicoloured dresses
09. Whole Lotta History
10. With Every Heartbeat (Robyn cover)
11. I’ll Stand By You
* Costume change: Gold dresses
13. Push It (Salt N Pepa cover)
14. Wake Me Up
15. Walk This Way
16. Control of the Knife/Trick Me (Kelis cover)
18. Call The Shots
* Costume change: Neon lycra leotards
19. Something Kinda Ooooh
Robyn? Kelis?! SALT N PEPA?!? WHY, GOD, WHY? Why make a boy miss Nadine and Co. sassing around singing “Push It”?! I’m pissed.
Then we have the unstoppable Ms. Minogue with the KylieX2008 Tour, which opened in Paris last night.
Looking rather dazzling in front of that electro-wall. I heard someone compare the tour to Utada Hikaru‘s Utada United Tour, and I can see the resemblance. Actually, that chair-thing that Kylie comes down is awfully similar to Utada’s “You Make Me Want To Be A Man” contraption.
But I’m never the one to discuss artists sampling artists. It’s boring and goes nowhere…like a Lisa Scott-Lee song. Therefore, I’m posting up the opening video instead! I thought the video opening was massively anxiety build-up,
though her actual appearance was ever so slightly underwhelming. That being said, I’m sure I’d be wetting myself if I were experiencing this in the first person.
EDIT: Upon second viewing, I peed myself. Notice: Not underwhelming.
What’s more though is the set list. How many unreleased songs are there here? Exciting! Leak the studio versions!
Act 1: Xlectro Static
* Can’t Get You Out Of My Head (Greg Kurstin Remix) (with excerpts of “Boombox”, an unreleased song from Body Language)
* Ruffle My Feathers (an unreleased song from X)
* In Your Eyes
Act 2: Cheer Squad
* Heart Beat Rock
* Shocked (with excerpts of “Lose Control”, an unreleased song from X)
Act 3: Xposed
* Like A Drug
* Slow (with excerpts of “Free” from Impossible Princess)
* The One
* 2 Hearts
Act 4: Black versus White
* On A Night Like This
* Step Back In Time
* In My Arms
* Love at First Sight
Act 5: Naughty Manga Girl
* Sometime Samurai (Video Projection)
* Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Mix)
Act 6: Starry Nights
* Flower (an unreleased song from X)
* I Believe in You (Ballad Version)
Act 7: Beach Party
* Loveboat (from Light Years)
* That’s Why They Write Love Song (an unreleased song written by Steve Anderson)
* Spinning Around
* No More Rain
* All I See (Acoustic Version)
More clips coming in the near future I imagine, so stay tuned!